Qualifications: Who are we looking for?
We look for the following qualities in all of our members.
We pride ourselves in bringing together a diverse group of people each year, from all across regional, cultural, educational, political, and socioeconomic spectrums. However, all of these members have in common the desire to serve and a few basic qualities.
These are the qualities we look for:
- Interested in working with youth, families, or communities in need.
- Committed full-time for the entire service term.
- At least 18 years old, with no upper age limit.
- High School Diploma; some sites require or prefer a Bachelor's Degree.
- Mature, self-motivated, and able to function with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities and collaborate with other programs.
- Strong organizational skills in order to collect and organize data in a systematic fashion.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
- Adaptability and skills to succeed within diverse environments.
- Ability to act as a liaison between sites, students/clients, community members, and the AmeriCorps team.
- Background in education, tutoring, or volunteering.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (for a few select positions).