Apply to Serve
Interested in applying with us? First, do your research by thoroughly exploring this website, familiarizing yourself with our service areas, qualifications, and other things to consider, and then read below for a step-by-step guide to our application process.
We are now accepting applications for the September 1, 2017 - July 15, 2018 service term.
1. Create an Application
- Create a profile and fill out an online application at my.americorps.gov
- For more detailed instructions to guide you through this process, refer to this document (it might be useful to print this out and follow it while you're completing your application).
- Remember to write down your username and password, as you will need them to access your application in the future and also access your education award after your service term!
2. Submit your Application to our Program
- On the my.americorps.gov website, click on "Search Listings."
- Search by program name by typing in "Intermountain." Our current listings begin with " '17-'18."
- Choose which one of our listings you would like to apply for (you can apply for more than one).
- Click on "Apply Now!" at the bottom of the position listing, and then complete the certification screen that comes up by answering the questions and clicking "submit" at the bottom.
- A staff member will contact you to confirm that your application has been received.
- After your application and both of your references are in, we will score your application and, if all looks good, we will contact you to further discuss our program and assess your interests in greater detail.
- While you are waiting to be contacted, now is a good time to gather a few documents that you will need if selected for the program: a) your social security card; b) US state-issued birth certificate, US passport, or US permanent resident card; and c) driver license or state ID. If you don't have these documents on hand, apply for new ones.
- Applicants who have met the necessary requirements and demonstrated the correct motivations for serving an AmeriCorps term will be interviewed. Out-of-state applicants will be given a phone interview; local applicants will be interviewed in a face-to-face setting.
- If, after the interview, we feel you are a good fit for our program and you believe our program to be a good fit for you, then we will set up a second interview with your primary site of interest.
- Placement is not guaranteed. We will do all in our power to place quality applicants.
5. Background Check
- All accepted members will need to complete an AmeriCorps FBI fingerprint check and state background check in the state where you reside before enrolling in the program.
- Finally, all accepted members will need to complete enrollment paperwork at least two weeks prior to the service term. Welcome to Intermountain!